Re: warning: (Internal error: pc 0xd00 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)

Oops, I think I sent that last reply directly to you
rather than the list.  Sorry about that.  Let me try
again.

--- Vladimir Prus <ghost@cs.msu.su> wrote:
> pc=0? Hmm, does your application start at address
> zero?
> I distinctly remember I had to patch my local gdb
> version because it did not
> like sections starting at address zero.

Yes, my application does indeed start at address zero
(the RAM copy of the exception vector table followed
by the remaining code and then data).

> Below is the patch I use. But I'm not sure it's the
> problem in your case:
> the patch fixes the "pc = 0" problem both for
> partial symbol table
> (psymtab), and complete symbol table (symtab).
> Without this patch I get
> error even earlier.

I applied your patch to a pristine copy of gdb 6.3 and
rebuilt and sure enough, that makes the warning go
away!  Should this patch get into the "real" gdb
sources?

Thanks for the help!

Ron McCall