MI: is target running

 > So, for "run" command embedded in gdb macro invoked via "interpreter
 > console", there's no "^running" in the output. So, GUI can't detect that
 > the target is running.

[Generally myrun is referred a "user-defined command"]

I don't quite understand your example as this is also true if you just do:

interpreter console run

i.e. it is a consequence of using CLI within MI and not just one of invoking
a user-defined command.

 > Is this a defect? Should not "^running" be emitted in all cases when target
 > starts running?

Yes, I think it should.  I have made changes to GDB, based on Apple's work,
that makes GDB run asynchronously.  This means that the state of the inferior
is reported regardless of whether the command executed was from MI or CLI.

After the release, I will make a branch for these changes and hope that they
can be merged in to mainline for the release after.  I will welcome any help
with that effort.

Nick