Re: Maintainer policy for GDB

On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 09:39:33PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work.  For example, the message I'm
>replying to came without the X-IsSubscribed header, although I'm quite
>sure you are a subscriber.  I did see that header on a message I sent
>myself; is it possible that you only arranged for this header on the
>message reflected back to the sender?

That's what I meant by saying that this method not foolproof.  My sender
address does not match my subscription address.

Again, this is not a foolproof way of figuring out if someone is not
subscribed but it should be a foolproof way of figuring out if someone
is subscribed, i.e., if you see the header then the sender is definitely
subscribed.  If you don't see the header then the person may or may not
be subscribed, depending on how they sent the software.

That said, however, I just modified the software to check the header from
as well as the envelope sender.  Maybe this email will show up with the
X-IsSubscribed header set.

cgf