Re: First release candidate for GDB 6.4 available

> Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:54:40 +0800 (CST)
> From: Wu Zhou <woodzltc@cn.ibm.com>
>
> I run this RC on ppc64 platform as both 32-bits and 64-bits application.
> Here is the summary.  I also list the x86 summary as reference.
>
> ppc64, 64-bits gdb, 32-bits testcase:
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 8)
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 7)
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 6)
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 5)
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to second instance watchpoint, first time
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 4)
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 3)
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 2)
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to recurse (a = 1)
> FAIL: gdb.base/recurse.exp: continue to second instance watchpoint, second time
> FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print w 1
> FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print z 1
> FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print w 2
> FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print z 2
> FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print w 3
> FAIL: gdb.cp/anon-union.exp: print z 3
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: second observer attached; check second observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 1st observer added; check first observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 2nd observer added; check first observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 2nd observer added; check second observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 3rd observer added; check first observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 3rd observer added; check second observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 3rd observer added; check third observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 2nd observer removed; check first observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 2nd observer removed; check third observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: 1st observer removed; check third observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: three observers added; check first observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: three observers added; check second observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: three observers added; check third observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: third observer removed; check first observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: third observer removed; check second observer counter value
> FAIL: gdb.gdb/observer.exp: second observer removed; check first observer counter value

For OpenBSD, the failures above are regressions from 6.3, and I think
it's safe to assume they're regressions for Linux too.  They were
still OK in 6.3.50.20050911-cvs, and I think remembering I've already
seen them fail in early november.  Don't know if this is serious
enough to delay the release.  I'll try to track this down, and
hopefully will find the problem.  If it's too late for 6.4 we should
release 6.4.1 with the fix.

Mark