Re: Maintainer policy for GDB

Michael Snyder <msnyder@redhat.com> writes:

> 2) Reverting a patch
>
> There hasn't been too much discussion of this, but it
> makes me nervous.  May I throw this out on the table?
> How about if, except for area maintainers, it requires
> the agreement of at least two maintainers to revert
> another maintainer's patch?

For comparison, a gcc patch which causes a testsuite or significant
performance regression on a primary target may be reverted, if any two
people with write privileges (i.e., not just maintainers, but also
write-after-approval) agree, after waiting for 48 hours.  In practice
this is rarely actually done; the threat of it is normally enough to
resolve the situation one way or another.

Ian