Re: how to cross-compile gdb for arm?

Yes Thanks, I modified the --build to my x86 and --host to arm-linux,
and set bash_cv_have_mbstate_t to yes, now to compiles ok, I can debug on arm platform!

From: Jim Blandy <jimb@red-bean.com>
To: yang xiaoli <alula418@hotmail.com>
CC: gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: how to cross-compile gdb for arm?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 01:57:29 -0800

On 11/28/05, yang xiaoli <alula418@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'll corss-compile gdb for arm board, will use gdb to debug on arm
board.
> I use gdb6.0 or gdb6.3 and configure with:
> CC=arm-linux-gcc ../gdb-6.3/configure --target=arm-linux \
> --build=arm-linux --host=arm-linux

What kind of machine are you compiling GDB itself on?  That should be
your --build.

What kind of machine do you intend to run GDB on while you debug your
ARM programs?  That should be your --host.

Will you run GDB on the same machine as the program being debugged?
Then your --host and --target should be the same.  If you're going to
run GDB on a different kind of machine (and debug over the network, or
over a serial line), then your --host and --target should be
different.

免费下载 MSN Explorer: http://explorer.msn.com/lccn/