Query regarding falling back to using hw breakpoints on ROM targets.

Hi,

I am working on a gdb port to a processor where users require to debug
code in ROM. Using software breakpoints all the while fails in this
case. Is it possible to fall back to using Hardware breakpoints as is
suggested here ?

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2004-01/msg00343.html

I haven't seen any feedback regarding this patch anywhere other than
here
http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb/2004-02/msg00081.html where a user has
claimed to find this useful .

Any thoughts or suggestions before I go ahead and respin this upto a
later version ?

TIA .

cheers
Ramana