Re: [RFC] multiple breakpoints from FILE:LINE

Robert Dewar <dewar@adacore.com> writes:

> For me, the case of inlining is very different from the case of an
> Ada instantiation or from overloading. I find it hard to imagine
> wanting to breakpoint one particular inline instance.

What if you want to debug a particular function which inlines another
function that is also inlined in many other, frequently called functions?
In this case being able to set a breakpoint in a single instance of the
inline function can considerably reduce the complexity of debugging.  Of
course, you can always fall back to setting the breakpoint on an address,
but that makes it difficult to reliably track the breakpoint position when
reloading the binary.

Andreas.