Re: Does gdb support weak/normal symbols?

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 10:11:31AM -0800, H. J. Lu wrote:
> "break foo" may be slightly different from "break FILE:LINE". For the
> global symbol, foo, there will be only one definition. It is a
> matter of picking the right foo for "break foo". There is no need to
> set multiple breakpoints nor prompt user.

This is wrong.  You're still thinking about a compiler and a linker,
not about a debugger.  There may also be a dozen static functions named
"foo", and one of them may happen to be in the current file and the
user may just have been looking at it.

Since we can't read the user's mind, we have to do our best to silently
accomodate the user's potential intentions.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery