Re: Getting RDI-stub to work

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 12:58:19PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
> Kalpak Shah wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > We are trying to have more than one inferior under GDB at a time. In
> > essence we need to make GDB asynchronous. We want to use the ARMulator
> > as a testcase, but the rdi is not working. We downloaded the arm-elf
> > package from the Codesourcery toolchain but couldnt find the
> > armulate.sdi to get the rdi-stub working.
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=armulate.sdi&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&;
> start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official
>
> Entry #1:
>
> GNU Toolchain for ARM FAQ
> arm-unknown-eabi-rdi-stub 9000 /path/to/armulate.sdi arm7.cnf ... The
> armulate.sdi file
> is supplied with ARM's proprietary toolchain. ...
> www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains/arm/faq.html - 37k - 17 Jan 2006 - Cached
> - Similar pages
>

>   Sounds like you're going to need to shell out hard cash at some point :-(

Well, there's two things that go by the name ARMulator.  If they want
the one in the GDB sim tree, then they should just use the remote
protocol; otherwise, if they've already got a copy of ARMulator, they
ought to have armulate.sdi.

Unless the question is whether rdi-stub includes ARM's simulator.  No,
it definitely doesn't.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery