MI error msgs and localization

 > Hi, I've been using the MI interface for quite some time and noticed that
 > preparation for localization has begun in GDB. Can I express some concern
 > that compatibility with existing MI systems may suffer from this.

AFAIK, the only localisation proposed for MI output is for error messages.

 > For instance, a cleanup must be done to make sure all errors are still
 > reported through MI in English – including the more exceptional ones
 > (especially during startup). For instance, I am actively interpreting raw
 > console-stream output for the following strings:
 >
 > No debugging symbols found
 > Unable to attach to process
 > No such process
 > No symbol table is loaded
 > No such file
 > gdb: unrecognized option
 > An internal GDB error was detected.
 > Thread x has terminated.
 > No executable file specified
 > No executable specified, use…

These messages appear to be part of the CLI output intended for the user and
not MI.  It seems natural to translate them.

 > For yet-unsupported commands in MI I resort to “-interpreter-exec console
 > xxx”, but that leaves a problem where I have to at least handle messages
 > such as
 >
 > ---Type <return> …
 >
 > …to keep the non-interactive experience a joy.

You can do "-gdb-set height 0" to stop this.

Patches are welcome for any further MI commands that you would like to see
implemented.

 > Please consider support for MI as an important feature in future versions of
 > GDB as well. English MI error output should somehow be retained for Machine
 > Interpreting (!!) perhaps with the additional inclusion of the localized
 > display text.

As stated in the manual, MI is still evolving.  The best way to make it do
the things you want is to participate in its development.