Re: MI: type prefixes for values

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 08:59:41PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I'd never suspect that someone would try to parse MI with such
> ad-hoc'ish code.  I assumed that a decent parser was being used, and
> that this parser could simply choose the right template--either the
> one for response with braces, or the one for without.

To correct the record, he's not parsing MI here.  He's parsing the
value encapsulated within MI, the bit in quotes here:
    value="4000"
or:
    value="{int (int)} 0xffffffff <sym>"

There's no grammar describing what goes in the value string.

The value should pretty clearly be an opaque string to the front end.
He's made a good point that the opaque string shouldn't include the
function type.  I'm not sure about the <sym> bit...

For array contents he should be using variable objects, though.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery