Re: MI: changing breakpoint location

Bob Rossi wrote:

>> At the moment, the MI interface does not allow one to change location of
>> breakpoint, say to move breakpoint from main.cpp:9 to main.cpp:11.
>> CLI does not support this either, but I'm interested in MI.
>>
>> Was this an explicit design decision, or it just happened this way? The
>> use case when it matters if when, in KDevelop, user edits the field of
>> breakpoint table with the location.
>>
>> Now, I have to delete the old breakpoint and create the new one, which is
>> workable, but not convenient. How about adding 'change breakpoint
>> location' functionality to MI?
>
> Hi Volodya,
>
> My initial opinion is that this does not make to much sense. The 2
> different breakpoint really have nothing to do with each other.

Hi Bob,

well, at the very least they have the same condition, enable flag, ignore
count and maybe breakpoint commands. The idea is to change only location
and leave the breakpoint otherwise identical.

> I would think it could be possible to add a new MI command that would
> allow you to arbitrarily delete, add or modify (enable/disable) as
> many breakpoints as you want. I think this would be a little more
> general purpose.

You mean, command that applies the same change to a list of breakpoint? I'm
not sure, this does not seem to be helpful in my case.

- Volodya