Re: MI: changing breakpoint location

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 07:11:54PM +0300, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > How much trouble is it, really, to remove and recreate the breakpoint?
>
> In code, something line 28 lines, 7 lines of actual code exclusing comments.
> In development time -- something like an hour, including two failed attempts.
> And this assumes the current version is bug free and nobody will break it in
> future.
>
> How much trouble is it to change breakpoint location in gdb?

A whole lot more than that.  We'd have to destroy most of the existing
breakpoint.

> > Almost all of the work of the "break" command is figuring out where the
> > breakpoint should go.  I don't see an advantage in having more commands
> > that need to be able to work that out.
>
> Can't that logic be factored out into a function?

Of course, it already is.  But that's not the point; I don't want a
proliferation of commands with similar functionality, when they aren't
needed.  The larger the MI interface grows, the harder it is to test
and maintain.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery