Re: Fully automating GDB (aka how to make canned command strings see the exit status)

Hi,

Look at gdb scripts anyways. You could associate commands with
breakpoints. Quit on hitting a breakpoint on exit ?

break exit
commands
quit

Simple :

Have an external script that loops on this. In case the program hits a
SEGV gdb will get it and you have the context , else gdb exits.

Look at the while construct in gdb , maybe you can use that in case you
can't associate commands for breakpoints from scripts.

HTH

cheers
Ramana

> Hi,
>
> I've got a program I'm trying to debug that crashes on a very
> intermittent basis. I suspect the core dumps I'm getting are incomplete
> so I would like to try and catch the the crash live in gdb.
>
> I figure a canned script to run the program is the answer. However how
> do I tell if the program has exited successfully (in which case I can
> run again) to hitting the SEG and staying put for when I come back in
> the morning?
>

> --
> Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
> TV is chewing gum for the eyes. -- Frank Lloyd Wright

----
Ramana Radhakrishnan
GNU Tools
Codito Technologies