Re: gdb and multi-threaded (NPTL) programs

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 03:44:09PM -0500, John Fodor wrote:
> Sounds like a good idea. Let me know how it goes :)

Sorry, you're the one objecting to the current behavior :-)

I've done my share of fixing these bugs; I don't have time to try
another one.

> I wasn't referring to sem_wait specifically. I was thinking of any
> general syscall that will return EINTR after a SIGALARM.

That's receving a signal, not timing out.  But anyway.

> >In practice this does not bother most programmers.  If your application
> >uses signals, it often needs to do this anyway!
> >

> If you use signals you can set SA_RESTART for catchable signals.

That only works for restartable syscalls - sem_wait is not, in fact,
restartable, and I believe that restarting it after SA_RESTART would
violate the POSIX spec.  Not 100% sure on that though.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery