Re: debugging dynamically loadable code

On Monday, 3 de April de 2006 18:34, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 06:09:33PM +0200, Pupeno wrote:
> > Any ideas how can I do my debugging ?
>
> You can do one of two things here:
>
>  - "set stop-on-solib-events 1".  This will cause GDB to stop when
> shared libraries are loaded or unloaded.  You can use "info shared" to
> see if the library you want has been loaded after a stop.
It halted the process very soon, maybe some loading I was not aware of and I
was not sure how to continue.

>  - Pending breakpoints.  You can set a breakpoint by filename:line or
> function name, even if that object hasn't been loaded yet -
Oh, that worked, particurarly breakpoint on filename:line. I tried pending
breakpoints once but it didn't work, it just didn't break, now it worked like
a charm.

> you just
> may not be able to do it using the DDD GUI.  You need GDB 6.3 or 6.4
> for this to work.  I don't know if DDD lets you get at the GDB console
> usefully.
Yes, I can do it, DDD let's you access gdb console, sometimes it behaves
funny, but the data show makes it worth it.

Thank you.
--
Pupeno <pupeno@pupeno.com> (http://pupeno.com)