RE: Building gdb from source

On 07 April 2006 16:49, 'Daniel Jacobowitz' wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 04:39:42PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:

>>> But there are no such releases.
>>

>>   Ok, I give up, I haven't got the faintest idea what you're talking
>> about.  I can't even parse that.
>
> Binutils and GDB releases are branched at unpredictably different
> times.  How close in time they are doesn't matter if there's been an
> interface change in between.

  Ah, ok, we're basically in agreement.  I understand that interface changes
are the one thing that can break compatibility.  I was simply inferring that
if the interval between a binutils branch and a gdb branch is smaller rather
than larger, the odds of someone having made such a change are smaller rather
than greater, even though that change is technically a delta that could take
place in an instant.

    cheers,
      DaveK