Re: MI: getting qualified type name

That's odd. If I define some struct in a namespace myself, like:

namespace bar
{
  struct whatever
    {
       int someval;
    };
};

then -var-create lists the type as bar::whatever. So it must be something funny about how "string" is defined, rather than a general bug or a decision to strip the namespace info.

(Note, however, if you are using stabs, you'll never get the namespace, since it isn't in the debug info. You probably aren't using stabs, but just to be clear...)

Jim