Re: Remote debugging on ARM and shared libraries

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 03:02:25PM +0200, milrith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to debug a program remotely on an ARM target with
> gdbserver and I get a GDB segmentation fault when I try to step on a
> symbol in a shared library (printf for example). This is the exact
> same problem as here (bug in get_frame_pc):
> http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=1992
> It works with my native debugger so maybe I am doing something wrong,
> I tried to play with solib-search-path and solib-absolute-prefix with
> no results on my host. Would you have any idea?

This has been just about the most frequently reported bug lately.  One
potential patch was here:
  http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2006-02/msg00387.html

But I need to try a different approach after talking to Mark about it.

Joel, I think we need to fix this one before the release of gdb 6.5
(though certainly it doesn't need to hold up the branch).

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery