Re: TODO List?

>       I have downloaded the GDB Internals document, and will be having
> a look through that. Do you have any other suggestions for how to go
> about getting to grips with the code? Also, is it alright to ask
> questions about the GDB Internals document on here, if there are
> things I don't understand.

It might be really cool to use the internals document as a way of
keeping track of your developing understanding.

What I mean by that:  If you have a question about something that is
covered in the internals document and have a dialog with the gdb@ list
about it, formalize your new understanding by making needed changes in
the document and running them through the gdb-patches@ list.  This would
only apply if your original lack of understanding was due to a faulty
section or poor wording, etc. in the internals document.

If your question is about something that is *not* covered in the
document, but maybe should be, then update the document such that your
question is now answered by it.

If you could somehow incorporate this kind of procedure into your
project goals, then you would get credit for the 'extra' work entailed,
as well as the satisfaction of knowing you have helped others down the
line.

There are, of course, problems with this idea.  For example, the level
of detail in a question my not be appropriate for the internals
document, especially if in an area of GDB that is undergoing a lot of
change.

For many of us, the problem with this idea is the pressure we have to
'fix the next bug and get it on to the next one'.  Kind of a 'what have
you done for me lately' kind of thing.  But maybe in your environment,
this might not apply.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

-=# Paul Gilliam #=-