Re: Instrcutions that must not be stepped.

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 05:19:59PM -0700, PAUL GILLIAM wrote:
> Does there currently exist an arch. independent way to detect
> instruction sequences that must not be single stepped?  Failing that, is
> there some hook I can use to implement this for just the PowerPC?

Nope.  You'd have to add one.  And, you'd have to be able to tell
whether you were in the middle of a GDB-automated step or a user stepi;
stepping multiple instructions when the user asked for one is probably
just confusing.

Reading the instruction before stepping is going to slow down single
stepping.  Is there some other way we can handle this?

The same problem applies to many other architectures, e.g. MIPS and ARM.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery