Re: Problems with startup code symbols (Copious warnings)

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 02:32:17PM +0200, Frederic RISS wrote:
> Of course. But I don't see any non-embedded binary with a section loaded
> at NULL.

Probably...

> And I don't see much embedded bootcode needing linkonce
> sections.

... but not probably.

Typical for a lot of embedded devices I've worked with is to have a
single massive ELF image, including boot code and the entire remainder
of the image, and to use C++ for most of it.  I've definitely worked
with images where this wouldn't help.

> > Is that an improvement?  I guess so.
>
> It's certainly better than the current HAS_RELOCS check.

Yes, I think so.  Want to do it, anybody?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery