Re: Problems with startup code symbols (Copious warnings)

As I understand the approach suggested, there will be a scan through the
sections of the ELF (.text, .data, etc), looking for VMA's of zero.  If
there is one, the test isn't performed and the debug info isn't discard.

Is it possible to to tell what section the debug info is for?  If so,
could it only not discard the debug info if it is in the particular
section with the VMA of 0.

If this is possible, I think it would be better, because (at least in my
experience) when you are trying to control the link order of things, and
have your code which starts at zero always start there, its put into a
special section like, .boot or .vectors, or some such anyway.  That
would be the only section with a VMA of 0.  Other sections, like .text
wouldn't have a VMA of zero and debug info from them with a low_pc of 0
could surely be discarded.

Even if this requires a change for future embedded programs that are
effected by this to force them to have a unique section name for the
section which starts at zero and to ensure there are no features of the
language/link used which would put .linkonce sections in this "starting
at zero" section, this would, i think, be preferrable to the current
situation.

Steven J