Re: Help: corrupt Stack

> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:33:49 -0700
> From: "Bizhan Gholikhamseh \(bgholikh\)" <bgholikh@cisco.com>
>
> Hi All,
> We are using gdb version 6.3. When we ran gdb on the core dump
> generated, it complains with following messages:
> "Previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)"
> Is this a known bug, is there a work around or patch
> available?

What makes you think this is a bug in GDB?  One of the possible
reasons your program dumped core could be because it did thrash the
stack.  Another possibility is that your code doesn't include enough
debug information or even wrong debug information, which confuses GDB
a bit.

Of course it is still possible that GDB is confused with itself
because there is a bug in its stack unwinding code.  But if you don't
give us more information, there's no way we can tell.

Mark