Re: stepping over longjmp

 > > Actually, it does work if it's set for both compilation and execution.  I
 > > also updated to 2.4-8 (from 2.4-4).  I don't know if that was necessary
 > > but on the Internet I saw:
 >
 > It shouldn't make any difference at compilation, FWIW.

Maybe LD_POINTER_GUARD wasn't set at my first attempt then (or maybe I hadn't
updated), but if it's a security feature then I'm a bit surprised you can
override it just by setting an environment variable (if it was needed/used for
compilation then that would provide a choice over the level of security).

As a side note to Eli, perhaps we should mention it in the Emacs DEBUG file.