Re: Why gdb 6.5 prints fullname in /cygdrive/... format om Windows?

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 09:42:09AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 10:17:13AM +0100, Andrew STUBBS wrote:
>> Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>> >A non-Cygwin application can convert the Cygwin paths to Windows paths
>> >(by dynamic loading of Cygwin if it's present).
>>
>> Interesting idea. How's it done?
>
>There's an example hidden in the Cygwin sources, in
>testsuite/winsup.api/cygload.cc.  It's a little tricksy, but not too
>hard.

It is also documented to some degree here:

http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.programming.html#faq.programming.msvs-mingw

But, of course, now that I have provided a link, I see that it is out of
date.  You need 4212 bytes free at the bottom of the stack, not 4K.  I'm
half-heartedly looking at some way to expose that value to a program
currently.

Further questions or comments about this technique should be directed to
the cygwin mailing list: cygwin AT cygwin PERIOD com

cgf