Re: Problem with new step-bt test?

> (gdb) PASS: gdb.base/step-bt.exp: step second instruction
> bt
> #0  hello () at /space/fsf/commit/src/gdb/testsuite/gdb.base/step-bt.c:27
> #1  0x00000000004004d1 in main () at
> /space/fsf/commit/src/gdb/testsuite/gdb.base/step-bt.c:33
> (gdb) FAIL: gdb.base/step-bt.exp: backtrace after second instruction step
> testcase /space/fsf/commit/src/gdb/testsuite/gdb.base/step-bt.exp completed
> in 2 seconds
>
> I figure that ought to be a PASS output, right?  I think the problem is that
> the two hex patterns need to be optional, but I haven't tried it.

Yes, it should be only PASSes! It's strange because I definitely
ran the testcase before checking in. Normally, the hex address is
printed if we're "inside" a line of code, right? After a step or two,
we should be still inside the prologue, so I figured we should see
them printed. But I don't have any objection into making them optional.

I can do that sometime later tonight.

--
Joel