Re: Merge of nickrob-async-20060513 to mainline?

> Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 00:01:13 -0400
> From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
> Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com
>
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 03:18:58PM +1200, Nick Roberts wrote:
> > If people are willing to review it then that is clearly preferable.  If
> > not, then after passing the testuite, putting it in the repository would
> > seem to be a good way to test it.  If it caused too much disruption then
> > it could be reverted fairy easily and there is plenty of time before the
> > next release.
>
> I'll wait to see what other developers have to say, but I think we
> should at least make an effort to review it.

I definitely agree that we should review the patch before committing
it.  That is what we do with any other patch.  Saying it passed the
test suite is not enough, since no one can prove that the test suite
has sufficiently complete coverage to give such trust to it.  In fact,
we _know_ that the test suite cannot be trusted to be that good,
because we continue adding tests to it all the time.