Re: gdb-6.5 produces infinite backtrace on ARM

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>> The stack-list-frames command does not return any stack info at all if
>> error(...) is called. Therefore CDT is not discarding anything. The is
>> just the error message.
>
> Sorry - I misread your trace.  OK, I see what's generally wrong...

Glad to hear...

In order to supply other members of our dev-team with a working gdb
I tried to apply the patch you published on

http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2006-08/msg00131.html

to the gdb-6.5-release I use. But the files did not match. CVS-head didn't
work either. You probably have a revised version.

Then I just added my changes (warnings instead of errors) and your new
frame_register_unwind_location() function and its invocation to
gdb-6.5-release source tree. Gdb then crashes after hitting the second
breakpoint.

It works if you patch your patch:

                                int *optimizedp, enum lval_type *lvalp,
                                CORE_ADDR *addrp, int *realnump)
{
-	while (this_frame->level >= 0)
+	while (this_frame != 0 && this_frame->level >= 0)

Do you plan to publish a patch on top of gdb-6.5-release for this issue?

--
Olav A. Zarges