Re: gdb-6.5 produces infinite backtrace on ARM

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 06:39:53PM -0700, Michael Snyder wrote:
> > This isn't ideal - we could detect the pthread_start_thread function
> > name and stop automatically, which might be a wise addition - but it's
> > better than going off into the woods.
> >
> > There's about 250 lines of changes involved, to one of the more
> > complicated parts of GDB, so I will need to go over the patches again
> > and post them separately.  But I'll try to make sure this is fixed
> > soon.
>
> Daniel, did you ever get around to posting your patch?
>
> I have now run into this self-same problem myself, and
> would be glad to work with you on getting it handled.
> Rather not duplicate effort, though...

Yes.  You can find them here:
  http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2006-08/msg00129.html
  http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2006-08/msg00130.html
  http://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2006-08/msg00131.html

There was some discussion and I haven't been back to it yet.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery