From: Joel Brobecker [mailto:brobecker@adacore.com]
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 10:37 PM
To: Ray Duran
Cc: gdb@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: gdb build error

Ray,

(sorry about the delay - work suddenly became crazy)

> -Yes, I agree that the file probably existed.
>
> - I am not sure what mirror site I downloaded the file from, but the
> name of
> the tar is: insight-6.5.tar.bz2.

Have you been able to build GDB since then?

> - I followed the list of configure and build command that I found on
> the eCos page for installing GNU tools. My final application is to use
> eCos on an ARM.

That may be where you got the sources from. I don't know what this
package contains, so it's going to be difficult for me to help you
further. Maybe the people who actually created the tarball might be
able to help you further.

Otherwise, check before doing the configure that this file exists.
Then do the configure, and check again. Then do the build, and check
again. If it disappears during the build as I suspect, then grep
for that filename in the build output - that should give you a good
clue as to what is happening.

As a workaround, you may want to retrieve that file and copy it back
right after the build failed, and then restart the build. That should
work.

Another approach, of course, is to install flex, check out www.gnu.org.

--
Joel