Re: Breakpoints in delay slots

This is a remarkable mess.  Unsurprisingly you aren't the first person
to have this sort of problem, so GDB has a certain amount of support
for delay slots, but MIPS at least is much friendlier: you can use the
same breakpoint instruction, and there's a bit in the cause register
that lets you know you were in a delay slot.

When you have a symbol file, does that suffice to let you know what
is code and what is data?

Unfortunately not. At least, the only way I can think of is to check whether it has a line number or not, and the answer is that even the data has a line number - that of the instruction immediately preceding it.

Andrew