Re: [rfc] "reset" / "create-inferior" commands

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 11:55:49PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> This sounds like a command I've always wanted, but I don't associate
> it at all with "reset".  "create-inferior" might be more appropriate,
> but I don't think it'll make sense to people who don't know GDB's
> internals.  How about "setup"?  Sounds to me like that's what this
> command will do; setting up a new process to be debugged.

That does seem more intuitive.

Mark, Eli, how do you feel about using both "restart" and "setup"?
While they're the same action in GDB internals, I think they're
different actions from the user's point of view.

I'm not going to rush ahead on this - I feel like I've been trying to
come up with a good name for this command for a year now :-)

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery