Re: MI: Another -var-update bug?

 > The 'out of scope' and nested scopes are just completely broken. I've tried
 > to make use of them some time ago, and could not make them work in any
 > sensible way.

Well 'out of scope' works if you go out of frame.  Interestingly Insight seems
to handle variables in nested statements correctly.  It uses tha same version
of varobj.c as GDB does, so must check the scope elsewhere.  It has a function
called gdb_get_blocks that might do this work.

 > That's why KDevelop computes addresses of each locals on each step, and if
 > address changes, manually recreates a variable object. This should be in
 > gdb, but it's a bit scary change ;-)

I guess we have to be careful that our changes don't break things for Insight.
Much of MI appears to have come from Insight.  I think it could be useful
to carry more functionality over.