GDB remote debug on PowerPC 83xx board received "SIGTRAP".

Dear All,

I start a gdbserver on 83xx target, use gdb on host (x86) to connect it. It runs fine on main process, but
If  i set a breakpoint at App_init() function in child process, the GDB will  show this information and program exit when program reach breakpoints in App_init().

Program terminated with signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
The program no longer exists.

As i know, App_init() is involved in SNM0 thread which is a child thread. The GDB guide say that " If you have set a breakpoint in any code which the child then executes, the child will get a SIGTRAP signal which (unless it catches the signal) will cause it to terminate."I think my condition is like this one. In order to resolve this problem, i do as suggested by GDB guide by set follow-fork-mode as child. But the result is the configuraion doesn't work. The program also terminated with SIGTRAP.

Is it the bug of gdb 6.5 (host), or glibc-2.3.3  (target) ?  How to patch it ?
I used the gdb on x86 linux host(not the remote debug method), it runs very fine, never display "SIGTRAP"!  The App code is same as used on PowerPC target.

Thanks.