Re: gdb in emacs : dereference pointer

Nick Roberts <nickrob@snap.net.nz> writes:
>  > I know this sounds ridiculous but I cant figure out how to get emacs to
>  > display VALUES or dereferenced values in the locals or any other pane of the
>  > multi-window GUD setup.
>
> It does sound a bit ridiculous because this is mailing for GDB not Emacs

Whoa.  I think questions like this deserve a gentler response.  This
isn't a gdb-developers or gdb-experts list; it's the GDB list.

If one is not familiar with the whole architecture, then when running
GDB under Emacs it can be unclear which component you need to talk to
to get something done.  (Having just tried Eclipse for the first time
last night, this point is very fresh in my mind.)