Re: gdbserver for GNU/Hurd

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 04:31:55PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:
Has anyone ever worked on porting the GDB distribution's gdbserver to
GNU/Hurd?
I'm pretty sure the answer to that question is no.

As far as I know.

In case you don't know: this would allow for debugging programs on
GNU/Hurd systems using a cross debugger running on another system (e.g. a
non GNU/Hurd one). This is of advantage if you're cross compiling and
then don't have to copy the source files to the target system for using
gdb locally on there.
But it'd be difficult to have access to all the advanced features a
native GNU/Hurd GDB offers.

It shouldn't be hard to add anything necessary to the remote protocol
and if anyone was interested in working on it I'd be glad to offer
advice.
I'm looking at this just for "fun". Should we add our own hurd-i386-foo files or gnu-i386-foo, or try to shoehorn our stuff into using something like linux-i386-low?

Thanks,

Barry deFreese (aka bddebian)