How to retrieve the caller information from call stack

Hi there,

I'm looking for a way to retrieve caller information during run-time.
Of course, I can find the name of caller function if I use gdb and set breakpoint.

But, how can I know the name of caller function without gdb?
When I insert the __FUNC__ macro into source codes, I can retrieve the name of current running function.
Is there any macro or something like that to retrieve the name of caller function?

Thanks in advance,

--
Hyun Bae