Re: GDB and scripting languages - which

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 10:48:02AM +1300, Nick Roberts wrote:
>  > I would think it's good to stay away from TCL.  I won't say more
>  > because I don't want to start a language war.  Python can certainly be
>  > scripted, and it has good support for testsuite type things.
>
> TCL is what Totalview uses for it's CLI; it's quite adequate for basic
> programming.  How complex will these scripts be?  Generally .gdbinit is
> just a series of small functions.

I am actually expecting something much more complicated: for instance,
functions which know how to walk data structures and prettyprint them.
Folks already do that in .gdbinit, but the functions they use can
sometimes be mammoth.  The worst one I'm aware of uses "shell awk"
and "set logging" :-)

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery