Re: How to pop -c in gdb

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 04:51:01PM -0800, William K. Foster wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I used dbx and at the prompt called a function which got a SEGV or
> something, I could do "pop -c" to recover from my call and return to the
> point I was at in the program being debugged where I typed in the
> expression that failed.

> 0x42d05bda in QWidgetPrivate::q_func (this=0x0) at qwidget_p.h:157
> The program being debugged was signaled while in a function called from GDB.
> GDB remains in the frame where the signal was received.
> To change this behavior use "set unwindonsignal on"
> Evaluation of the expression containing the function (QWidget::x()
> const) will be abandoned.

As the message suggests, if unwindonsignal is set, you won't run into
this problem.  However, once you do, there's no easy way out yet.

This might work though: instead of "fin", try "signal 0" to resume,
and then the application should resume running.  Or try "handle SIGSEGV
nopass" and then finish should work.

I think.  I haven't tried it lately.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz