[RFC] Toogle debug flags in gdbserver

Hi,

there are two debug flags in gdbserver:

* debug_threads
* remote_debug

Both are '0' as default. 'remote_debug' may be toogled by a 'd' packet. The doc says 'Don't use this packet, define a general set packet...'.

I think it would be a good idea to have the possibility to switch on/off these two debug flags in the gdbserver without re-compiling it.

The idea is to define two new packets 'qDebugThread' and 'qDebugRemote' and connect it to two new
'set debug' commands.

'set debug remote_thread <value>' with value={0,1} sends 'qDebugThread:<value>' if remote connection is available
'set debug remote_remote <value>' with value={0,1} sends 'qDebugRemote:<value>' if remote connection is available

Reply to these package would be 'OK' if applied. An older gdbversion without qDebug* support would reply '0'
(default response in server.c:handle_query() if it gets an unsupported qPacket).

What do you think of this idea? If I implement it, I would think it's a good idea to remove support for 'd' packets, isn't it ?

Regards,
Markus

--
Markus Deuling