Re: How to tell gdb about dlls using remote protocol

> In general, if we can not find the start of the current function,
> we have absolutely no chance of getting out of it.
>
> This is a standard problem e.g. with the Windows system DLLs, since
> we have inadequate means to recover symbol information from them.

At least on Windows, I think the change I proposed should help
increase the odds in our favor in this situation. If I read the code
correctly, the current approach will almost always fail, whereas
using %ebp should get us somewhere sensible unless %ebp is used
as a scratch register...

--
Joel