Re: Special characters in doc strings of GDB commands

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 10:17:25PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Right.  Another possibility would be to enclose the short description
> part in some control sequence, which will be stripped by the commands
> that print the doc strings.  For example, like makeinfo uses ^[..^]
> for similar purposes.

I guess that's better for translation purposes (tell translators to
leave those untranslated)?  It still seems problematic, e.g. if the
natural phrasing of the long descripton doesn't have the short
description as a substring.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery