Re: GDB and scripting languages - which

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

I was arguing that features like networking, graphics, and GUI,
mentioned by Jim as an argument for Python's better suitability (or so
I understood), would be excessive overhead in the GDB scripting
language.

Can you more clearly explain what you mean by "excessive overhead". I really don't understand this at all. networking for example only costs you if you use it. Are you saying people should be prevented from paying this price.

What overhead?

And by what quantitative criterion excessive?