From: Denis PILAT [mailto:denis.pilat@st.com]
Sent: March 2, 2007 4:09 AM
To: gdb@sourceware.org
Cc: Dominique Toupin (QA/EMC)
Subject: Re: Improving GDB for multicore and embedded system!

Hi Dominique,

We at STMicroelectronics are also interested into multicore debugging.
Our toolsets and for embedded developers, we just started to read what
is DSF and how we can take benefit of it, how we can contribute to it as
well. WindRiver, who invested a lot in the new debug model of Eclipse
(DSDP/DD groups) is going to have a solution for it's own debugging
technology but as far as I know, there is no GPL solution today.

Today multicore debugging means multiple instance of gdb running at the
same time. I don't know how possible it is to enhance gdb so that it can
handle multiple programs running on different architecture.
I guess Daniel should have a good vision on that.

Denis Pilat
STMicroelectronics