Get >incomplete type> when I try to display a variable

Hello,

I've been trying to debug a program, where the source files and the binary
are in separate directories (the .h and .c files are in the same directory).
I just copy all source files to the destination execution directory where
the executable is located (the target machine is not on the same network as
the development machine), and this works fine.

I'm now debugging another section of code where the .c and the .h files are
in separate directories. As before, I copy these across to the executable
location. When I debug, I get the error <incomplete type> when I try to
examine the contents of a structure or pointer to a structure. Is this
because in the development enviromnent, the .h and .c files are in different
directories?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Paul