Re: Antwort: Re: relocations when doing file command at gdb prompt

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 06:54:16PM +0100, Roland Puntaier wrote:
> > So, it's relocated already, but the relocations are still present.
> > No wonder GDB is doubling them.
> > I don't see how we can sensibly distinguish the two cases.  What
> > toolchain produced this file?
> GCC, but with -Wl,-q,-shared,-T,"YYY.x", i.e shared and with modified
> linker script, and the relocation info is kept because of a
> post-processing using it.

Yes, I've seen this technique before.  We need to find something to do
about it.  It may mean dropping support for the old form, where shared
libraries needed the relocations, and applying them only for ET_REL
objects.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery