Re: [sparc-solaris] unexpected warning when starting program

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 10:16:46PM -0700, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Basically, the reason for the warning is that GDB thinks that the
> inferior unloaded ld.so.1. The reason for that is that, during startup,
> GDB does not immediately have access to base address of the dynamic
> linker structs. I suspect that this is because our real inferior
> hasn't been forked yet, or maybe is in the process of being forked.
> I haven't had time to look further into this.

It's because you've forked, but the dynamic linker has not run yet.
This is code I added recently.  The first time, we get the name of the
dynamic linker from the contents of .interp.  Later, after it's run,
we get it from the inferior's link_map list.

Maybe a gdbarch hook to override the name of the default dynamic
linker?  That's really bizarre though.  Maybe the OpenSolaris sources
give some insight to how it came up with /lib/ld.so.1.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery