SIGSEGV in loaded shared library

Hi,

I have a situation where I'm loading a shared library into memory with
dlopen. Then the library crashes with a SIGSEGV because it's doing
something wrong. When I run the program under GDB, it doesn't seem to
catch the SIGSEGV the same way it would if the crash happened in the
main application. Instead of GDB giving me a backtrace to the SIGSEGV,
it seems as if an exception is thrown. Is there a way to have GDB give
me the backtrace like it would if the SIGSEGV was in the main
application?

Is this known behavior or is it possible I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi